Friday, July 3, 2009

On A Lighter Note (or maybe a darker one if I join the Sith)

Just purchased a new toy online a couple of nights ago, sort of a birthday present to myself - the Master Replicas Force FX light saber construction kit -super awesome. It comes with an LED lightstrip tube,a bunch of handle pieces, etc, etc - supposedly 800+ combinations available (pretty easy to get this number of combos - just use permutation/combination mathematics - since order of assembly doesn't matter, the combination math is what you use -- n!/(r!(n-r)!) if I recall correctly).

Anyway, the light tube has a switch setting to red, green, or blue, and comes with about 15 pieces for different handle combos, it has different idle hum settings as well, and most are sold out at most places (a bunch had them cheaper than 120 dollars, but everywhere that did had them sold out, and the licence has expired for MR star wars, so they are unsure whether they will get anymore, so I bit the bullet and stimulated the economy on my own). I should get it in a week or so, and I may purchase a second set if they still have them and I like it well enough. My Darth Vader saber is showing signs of wear, however - I let some kids play with it, and the LED strip is not as bright (not a battery issue, I think some of the connections may be damaged in the tube). But whatever, it is still cool, and what good is a toy if you don't play with it and share it with others who will enjoy it - why else would I keep them in my classroom?

I'll try uploading a picture of it when I get it.

1 comment:

supergoober said...

I WANT SOME PICTURES!!!!